Due to continued success and a high work load we are looking to strengthen our existing team and appoint a
Mid-West (Shannon) based Mechanical Construction Manager to join our team.
Dominic O’Connor Ltd. is an industry leader in Mechanical Building Services who has proven track records of
successfully delivering major projects including Industrial, Commercial, Healthcare and Pharmaceutical.
The role of the Mechanical Construction Manager will be to (with the assistance of our Engineering and PM
staff) manage and co-ordinate Dominic O’Connor’s Health & Safety, Quality and Commissioning activities on a
Pharmaceutical site with all project Stakeholders (Vendors / Mechanical Foremen/ Direct labour/ Specialist
Sub-contractors, the Main Contractor, the Design Team and Client representatives).
• Take overall responsibility for the Mechanical project delivery on site by providing experienced
knowledge-based guidance, leadership and motivation to direct and sub-contract teams.
• Support the development of and implement installation and commissioning plans & programmes,
including site-specific RAMs and commissioning test packs
• Support the planning of key Mechanical resources to manage delivery of the project.
• Manage the project activities and work packages in accordance with installation procedures, guidance
documentation and specific execution plans.
• Liaise with Design Team and Client-Representatives
• Implementation of site-specific Installation and Commissioning / Handover Plans of various Work
Packages with direct teams, specialist sub-contractors and other trades.
• Communicate regularly (and as required) with all project stakeholders on planned work activities.
• Oversee and Manage the formal QMS snagging/ quality walkdowns and associated progressive
inspection and sign-off of the Mechanical Installations.
• Manage the Mechanical start-up and control of New Plant in accordance with Manufacturer’s
• Oversee and Manage the Mechanical commissioning process.
• Successfully Close the project requirements.
• Mechanical trade or Engineering background essential
• Minimum 10 Years’ Experience in a similar role (Pharma / Industrial / GMP / Cleanrooms)
• Extensive knowledge of current regulations including health and safety.
• Extensive working knowledge of and experience in CIBSE / ASHRAE / BSRIA commissioning codes and
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Must have a desire to work in a team environment and have a positive attitude.
• Full clean driving licence and permit to work in Ireland.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience and would like to join a highly reputable company with
opportunity to gain vast experience and expand your career, please email your CV to